Friday, May 31, 2013

Myrtos: a lovely place in Crete

Hello!

This time last year I was traveling in Crete. It was an great trip I will always remember...I wanted to show every picture I've captured, but they are numerous! So I've picked one of my favorite places, Myrtos, a small village in south Crete.Take a look on the photographs, every one tells a story!



About ten days we were traveling among the half east of this beautiful island and we visited several towns, villages and many inaccessible archaeologigal sites.



 In Crete is combined of many different kinds of landscapes; you can travel from sea sites to low hills and mountains and from plains to plateau and gorges. You will meet smilling and generous people and you will  taste the most delicious mediterranean food recipes.


Myrtos is nearby Ierapetra, in the south coast of Crete. It keeps its original character, a tradional atmosphere, far away from the common touristic landscape. That's why I loved this place!


If you would like to visit or learn more about Myrtos, use this and this link. As for me, I wish to go back one day!

                                                         Love,
                                                                     Triada



4 comments:

  1. A proud Cretan girl, salutes you! Great Post Triada! You make my day!

    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a lovely place to visit!
    Thanks for sharing Triada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos, no wonder you love the place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beloved Crete!!
    i'm sure you enjoyed your trip there Triada!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :)